Hello World! I know that I had said that I was going to post regularly for Native American Heritage Month, but life got in the way, and I needed to step away from this blog for the sake of my well being. I hope you guys understand! Of course I will try to finish the rest of the posts, but they will be more sporadic as school consumes my life.
This past week was Thanksgiving, and I know how emotionally complicated this holiday can be for people. So, I wanted to come on here and say everything you are feeling at this time is valid and that you are loved. Difficult thoughts and feelings are part of being human and do not take away from your value. No one is perfect. You should not feel pressured to be perfect. What’s important is you! You are a living, breathing human that has traits that make you unique and should be embraced! You are important. You matter. Thank you for being you!
Below, I have listed some ways you can practice self-care during this time!
- Step outside for some fresh air!
- Listen to a song that makes you smile! One of my favorite songs is Renee by SALES.
- Check in with yourself! Ask yourself how are you feeling, what do you need, and reflect on yourself
- Put yourself first
- Cut off any toxic relationships
- Say no to the things you don’t want to do
- Ask for help
- Do something that you enjoy! What makes you happy?
Here’s a little frog tiktok that might make you smile 🙂